Questions you should ask before buying a Golden Retriever Puppy
Whether you go to a breeder, rescue group, or potential dog owner, you should be prepared to ask lots of questions about the puppy or dog you hope to acquire. You also need to ask yourself how much time you can commit to dog ownership. Here are some questions to ask:
- How big will the dog get?
- How old will he be before he acts like an adult dog?
- How protective will the dog be?
- How often will the dog need to be groomed?
- How does he get along with other animals?
- How long can he be left alone at home?
- How much exercise does the dog need?
- What are the best training methods for this dog?
- Do I have the time and interest to learn about canine behaviour?
- Do I have the time to train and socialise a puppy or dog?
- What possible health problems might this dog develop?
- Who will look after my dog when I take a holiday?
Golden Retriever Club of Victoria